Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats!
Seriously, this is easily my new favorite breakfast.
Looks and tastes like chocolate pudding. But it’s not, and it’s HEALTHY!! :D Packed with protein, and no added sugar! Nearly all the sugar comes from the banana. The rest of it comes from the natural sugar in milk and yogurt!
- 1/3 c rolled oats (NOT instant or quick oats!)
- 2/3 c soy milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds*
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 banana, mashed (slice the other half in the morning as topping)
- spoonful of peanut butter**
*The chia seeds are super important cause they expand overnight and become a jelly-like or pudding-like substance and absorb all the wonderful flavors! I got mine at Top Tomato!
**I didn’t even taste the peanut butter at all (I also used PB2 so that might be why) so next time I’m going to leave it out and just put in on the top in a big spoonful! If you are allergic though, you can leave it out of sub with another type of nut butter/seed butter.
- Combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cocoa powder, mashed banana, and optional peanut butter in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with sliced banana and optional peanut butter in the morning!
- EAT AND SMILE :D
Don’t mind all the pictures, I went crazy taking them cause I couldn’t stop…that’s how good it was!